ParentLink is a primary prevention community education program that provides parenting information to parents within the ACT and region. The program has a strengths-based/solution focused approach.
ParentLink aims to:
- validate the important and demanding role of parents
- promote the status of parenting
- promote the importance of effective parenting practices
- provide information based on the latest research
- support parents in building on their knowledge, skills and confidence
- encourage parents to feel supported to ask for help at difficult times
- connect parents with an extensive network of services.
ParentLink is unique in terms of its role and function. It is a small program that relies heavily on working in partnership with the community and other organisations, government departments and the business sector.
ParentLink is a program in the Office for Children, Youth and Family Support, within the Community Services Directorate.